Cookies are text files working as markers and sent by a server (in this case, the one of the present site) to a user’s device (generally to the Internet browser) in the moment in which the user has access to a specific page on a website. The user’s browser automatically stores and re-transmits cookies to the site’s server each time the user accesses the same Internet page. Therefore, for example, cookies allow and facilitate access to determined pages in order to enhance the user’s browsing experience. Moreover, they allow the memorization of visited pages and other specific information, such as the most frequently visited pages, connection errors, etc. Hence, to facilitate the use of this Site, it would be appropriate for the user to configure the browser so that it accepts cookies automatically.
Browsers are usually set to accept cookies automatically. Nonetheless, users may modify the default configuration in order to disable or cancel cookies (from time to time or once for all). Consequently, the optimal use of some sections of the site may be precluded. Furthermore, users may verify forms and types of cookies stored in their browser and modify the cookie settings of their browser.
Types and Management of Cookies Used by Our Site:
Our Site makes use of the following type of cookies:
- Technical cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: are necessary to enable the user to move around a Website and use its features, such as viewing the content properly or accessing secure areas (when present) and language options (multi-language sites). Therefore, disabling these cookies does not allow the users to perform said activities.
- Analytics cookies: anonymized cookies of Google for gathered statistical purposes.
- Third-party cookies:
- are used and set to gather anonymous information related with the use of the site aimed to improve efficiency and for statistical purposes (Google Analytics with anonymized IP). With this setting they are comparable to technical cookies
- cookies related with the use of Social Networks allow the user’s social account to interact with the present site and are not necessary for its functioning. The most common use is the sharing of contents of social networks. The presence of plugins involves the transmission of cookies from and to third-party sites. The management of data collected from “third parties” shall be governed by the relevant policies, to read carefully. For the sake of clarity and transparency, here follow specific web addresses and ways of processing cookies.
- Profiling third-party cookies: they allow the creation of profiles concerning the user and are useful to show targeted advertising according to the preferences disclosed by the user during browsing and/or to collect navigation data in order to access some services present on the website. These cookies allow the user to visualize-during browsing-products of interest, or similar to those displayed already. This type of cookies is not indispensable for the site’s well-functioning. The Consortium for the Protection of Montasio Cheese has no control over information transmitted by cookies, nor access to said data. Third-party companies, in accordance with their relevant privacy policies, control them.
On our website may be present:
Double Click, AdServices (Google)
To find out more visit the page: http://www.google.it/intl/it/policies/technologies/ads/ e http://www.google.com/intl/it/policies/privacy/
Google Analytics with anonymized IP (Google Inc.)
Google Analytics is a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google uses Personal Data collected with the aim of tracking and examining the use of such Application compiling reports and sharing them with other services developed by Google.
Google may use Personal Data to contextualize and customize advertising of its network.
By adopting this integration, the CONSORTIUM FOR THE PROTECTION OF MONTASIO CHEESE anonymizes the users’ IP address. The anonymization functions by shortening the users’ IP address within the borders of Member States of the European Union or other signatories countries of the European Economic Area. In exceptional circumstances, the Google’s server will receive shortened IP addresses within the United States.
Personal Data collected are Cookies and Usage Data. Place of treatment: USA
Information on data processing activities implemented by Google Analytics are available at the following address: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245; Further information on the IP anonymizing functionality of Google Analytics: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2763052?hl=it
Disabling (“opt-out”) Cookies:
By virtue of this distinction, the user may proceed to disable and/or delete cookies (“opt-out”) by means of the specific browser’s settings and disable and/or delete single “non-technical” cookies at the following pages:
- 1. https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=it for disabling Google Analytics
- 2. youronlinechoices.eu, website managed by the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA), for removing other cookies in case of users within the European Union, http://www.aboutads.info/choises/, for deleting other cookies in case of users within the United States. The Consortium for the Protection of Montasio Cheese does not manage these sites; therefore, it takes no responsibility for their relative contents.
How enabling/disabling cookies from the browser:
The user is allowed to block cookies by means of the browser. Nonetheless, this activity may lead to a decrease in the site’s efficiency, or preclude access to any functionalities or pages of the Site itself. Here follow the modalities for opting out session cookies:
Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/it-it/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11
External platforms for data visualization:
Through this website, users may visualize contents of external platforms and interact with them. Moreover, they may likely collect traffic data as for the pages in which they are present, even though they are not used. In any case, contents of other pages are subject to their relevant privacy policies. This site may allow visualizing the following contents:
Video Youtube (Google Inc.)
Youtube is a service for viewing video contents provided by Google Inc.
Social Network External Platforms
Users may visualize contents hosted on external platforms of social networking and interact with them. Moreover, they may collect traffic data relative to the pages in which they are hosted, even though not activated by the user. However, contents of other pages are subject to their relevant privacy policies. This site may allow visualizing the following contents of external Social Networks:
Facebook (Facebook Inc.)
Links to Third-party Websites.